Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use any of Services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information: personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate data”. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you:
- Information You Give Us. We collect information you give through our Services, and when you register for and use our Services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Contact Information. When you register to use our Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; shipping address; company name, company title, and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos
- Device and Activity Information. When you use your mobile device with the Services, data recorded on your mobile device about your activity is transferred from your mobile device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the Service and is associated with your account. We also collect information about any rehabilitee protocols you may be using.
- Payment and Shipping Information. If you choose to order a product through the Services, our payment processing vendor collects your payment card information and billing address, and your shipping address and other contact details, such as email address and phone number, may also be collected.
- Submissions and Company Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback. If you choose to order a product through the Services, you may post a Product review.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Services. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to enable you to conduct commercial transactions on the Site.
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Company that better meet your needs.
- to enable you to post submissions on the Site and for you to communicate with other users of the Site.
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our Services.
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Company or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes.
- to contact you if you win a contest.
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information
We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your personal information with any third party except as outlined in this Policy or with your consent. We may disclose personal information:
- To a third party to provide the Services to you, including by providing personal information to our third party payment processors, to original equipment manufacturers of products you order from the Site, and other third party vendors or service providers that have contracted with us to provide the Services to you who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and who may use personal information to improve their services.
- With select partners who provide fraud detection and prevention services to us.
- To a third party to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process, including national security requirements.
- To a third party in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency, or protect the personal safety of any person.
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- To third parties, including advertising agencies, for providing marketing to you via targeted advertisements on third party websites and email marketing.
- To third parties to provide contest and sweepstakes to you.
The Services may include features that by their nature support sharing your content (i.e., photos, videos, text) that you upload or post on the Services in a public forum, such as a discussion forum or product reviews. Other users of the Services can see personal information you choose to share, such as your location, interests, occupation and birthday; and they can post comments in response to certain of your public submissions.
This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about you and our users with third parties for various purposes in perpetuity, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Services, to provide new Services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Network and Information Security
We take reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any collected personal information you choose to include in the Services are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
If your personal information changes in any way, you must correct or update your information in order to place orders for products through the Services. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on the Services at any time to the extent such feature is available.
Company may send you communications or data regarding our Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Company by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and Services.